Monday, April 23, 2012

Dumb

"The car zipped through the narrow alley...,"
"Seriously? That's the start of the story? Seriously?"
"What's wrong now?"
"Nothing. Go on."
"You always do this. All the time."
"What? What did I do? What do you mean 'all the time'?"
"You know what I mean. The constant nagging and the incessant put-downs. I never do anything right."
"When did I say that? Melodramatic. All the time. Just continue with the story."
"You never have to say anything. You just use that tone."
"You are hallucinating. Now will you please just finish the story?"
"No. You'll just make fun"
"Dear God! No. I won't ok? I promise."
"I don't know why we can't have a decent session."
"Mom! It was your idea to have these dumb bedtime story sessions. Not mine."
"You are six! You are supposed to to want these things. You are supposed to beg me for these."
"Dumb. Dumb. Dumb."
"I was reading you the latest NY Times bestseller!"
"Dumb."

No comments: